The scope of the conference covers both the latest scientific and technical developments and also their application in Snow Engineering practice. Both academics and practitioners are welcome at ICSE.
Authors are invited to submit two-page extended abstracts in english (.doc or .docx format) refering to this sample (template_for_ICSE_abstract). It is asked to the authors to specify the topic and wish regarding the presented work (oral or poster).
Abstracts are expected until November, 15th 2015 (new deadline).
All abstracts will be reviewed and subject to revision if necessary prior to acceptance at the conference. Notification to authors will be sent on December, 18th 2015.
Authors of the accepted papers should send full versions of the papers to the Organizing Committee by April 15th, 2016. The full paper should be prepared by using the template of the abstracts. The size of the paper in electronic form may not exceed 10 pages.
The licence agreement can be downloaded. Authors shall fill, sign and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is needed for the publication of each of their contributions in the proceedings of ICSE. The proceedings will be published by the French national open archive HAL. Please add on the first page of your paper the mention :© 2016. This manuscript version is made available under the CC-BY 4.0 license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ .
All presentations must be in English. There are no simultaneous translation facilities.
Please speak slowly and clearly throughout your presentation to help those who are not native English speakers.
All oral presentations should be prepared as a PowerPoint file.
For 15 minute ORAL PRESENTATIONS: please adhere strictly to the 20 minutes allocated to your presentation. Plan for a 15 minutes presentation followed by 5 minutes for discussion).
Follow any additional instructions given by your session chairpersons.
For POSTER WITH ORAL PRESENTATIONS: your talk should be a maximum of 5 minutes in length. No time is allocated for discussion and questions, which should be addressed during the poster session.
The poster must be written in English.
• Dimensions of the poster: 70 cm Wide x 100 cm Tall
• Posters will be displayed on boards
• Each board is numbered. This number corresponds to the number of the abstract you received by email after your submission.
• Fixing: Adhesive tape and tacks will be available at the poster desk.
• Authors are responsible for fixing and taking down their poster.
• Authors will have 5min to present their posters during a dedicated poster session.
• The poster will stay displayed during the whole duration of the conference.
• The program of the poster session will be available on the website of the conference.
• At the top of your poster please insert the title of your poster, the name of the authors and their affiliation. You poster must be readable from a distance of 2m.
• Authors must bring their printed poster at the seminar. The organizers will not have the possibility to print any poster.
• Organizers are not responsible for any damage or loss for posters that are not taken down after the end of the seminar. Posters that are not taken down after the seminar will be destroyed.
Download the template for poster.